What is the Medical Icons™ font?
The Medical Icons have been developed at the Thieme-Verlag in Stuttgart under the direction of the graphic designer Michael Zimmermann and cover the most common medical topics. Furthermore, non-medical symbols are included also needed in the publishing world. The following considerations are guiding principles for the design:
– Miniaturization:at 15 x 15 px icons should be recognizable which of course affects the line width. Advantage of this premise is that an icon can be set in all sizes since it was designed in the smallest size.
– Uniform, simple design language
– Roundness (there are hardly any edges)
– Geometric basic forms have priority (e.g. no free speech bubble but ellipse)
– Space in front line (thus the icons can also be used as image containers and appear stronger in color. A sample – a cover for Angiology).
– they are classic, neither fashionable sophisticated nor too detailed. They can also serve as a starting point for your own developments
Medical Icons™ Font families
The Medical Icons™ includes the following font families:
Medical Icons™ Preview
Here is a preview of how Medical Icons™ will look. For more previews using your own text as an example, click here.
You're probably thinking - Is Medical Icons™ available to Download for free?
The short answer is no. Medical Icons™ is definitely not available as a free download font. This is a premium font which mean that you will have to pay to download and use it in your project. We showcase fonts on SharedFonts that are almost all premium fonts. Feel free to waste valuable hours of your time searching for a free download of Medical Icons™, but take it from me, you will not be successful in your quest. Just think how much time and effort you will save if you just pay for Medical Icons™ and be done with it.
It is always best to pay for a premium font rather than trying to find an illegal download. The benefits of paying for Medical Icons™ is that you get the license to use it leagally. If you're using an illegal version of Medical Icons™ and you get caught, you or your client could get into some trouble legally with the publisher of Medical Icons™.
Also it is highly unlikely that you'll be able to find Medical Icons™ for free. Doing various searches on Google such as "Free Medical Icons™ Download" you will see a lot of websites that will say "Free Download" but these are just attempts to get you to click on a link which will either take you to an ad landing page or you risk getting viruses on your computer. In the rare occasion that you do find a free download for Medical Icons™ remember that it's illegal to use a font if you didn't pay for it!
If you really want Medical Icons™ and you want to truly own it the legal and safe way, then click here to visit the download and purchase page on MyFonts.com. Here you will be able to obtain the proper license. The designer and publisher deserves to be paid for their work, as they have put in the hours and the creativity to produce such an amazing font. Good luck with your purchase and future use of this font. :)